Introduction to Cassandra and CQL for Java developers
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
6:30 - 8:30 PM
This talk will provide a high-level overview of Cassandra, the Cassandra Query Language (CQL) and more specifically the DataStax CQL Java driver. This talk will aim to introduce Java developers tools, techniques and best practices for building Java application leveraging the Cassandra database using CQL3.
Julien is an open-source advocate and veteran Python and Java developer.
He is now serving as the director of software engineering at iland internet solutions where he is leading, on the one end, the development of a Java EE distributed platform running on top of Cassandra, connecting VMware and OpenStack services across several data-centers and on the other end, the customer-facing iland cloud ECS portal application.
RSVP by going to http://hjug07302014.eventbrite.com We will need an accurate head count in order to know how much pizza to order. Since there may be a large turnout, please only RSVP if you're certain you'll be coming.
Meeting Location: PROS
Houston, TX 77002
Park across the street in the parking garage on Elgin on the 7th floor, taking a parking receipt as you enter the parking garage. Parking is free after 7:00 PM, so you won't have to pay as you exit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the parking garage and walk across the sky bridge. The HJUG meeting will be on the 2nd floor on the left just before you reach the elevator bank.
Meeting Sponsor: iland
With data centers in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, iland delivers proven enterprise cloud solutions that help companies do business faster, smarter and more flexibly. Unlike any other provider, ilandâ€™s technology and consultative approach mean anyoneâ€“regardless of expertise, location or business objectiveâ€“can experience the benefits of a hassle-free cloud. From scaling production workloads, to supporting testing and development, to disaster recovery, ilandâ€™s secure cloud and decades of experience translate into unmatched service. Underscoring the strength of its platform, the company has been recognized as VMwareâ€™s Service Provider Partner of the Year, Global and Americas. Visit www.iland.com.
About our venue sponsor: PROSWe aren't your run-of-the-mill software company. We're true to our word. When we say your success is our number one priority, we mean it. We'll work side-by-side with you to deliver on every promise every time. At PROS, we don't just see ourselves building software. We see ourselves as building blocks in our customers' success stories.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership - We take responsibility.
- Passion - We love what we do.
- Pride - We accept only the best.
- Trust - We can be counted on.
- Integrity - We do what's right.
- Innovation - We create possibilities.
- Customer Centricity - We put our customers first.
Door Prizes and Giveaways! - must RSVP on Eventbrite to win
- JetBrains has donated one IntelliJ license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting if we have 30 attendees, two if we have 50 or more
- Hello2Morrow has donated a SonarGraph Personal license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Headway Software has donated a license of the new Structure101 Studio
- CoderGears has donated licenses of their product JArchitect
- SemanticMerge has donated a one year license of their product to one lucky winner, and another to the speaker.
Meeting sponsored by Structure101 for Tangle free software.