How Do I Test This Mess?!?
Wednesday, July 31st, 2019
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Adding tests to existing code is hard - if not sometimes impossible. The code is often difficult to understand and usually written without testing in mind. Have you ever been afraid of changing code you are familiar with? Imagine being able to confidently refactor code you don't even understand! This session covers three powerful techniques for adding tests to existing code, making it safer to refactor and maintain.
Scott Wierschem helps Java developers get unruly legacy code under control using great refactoring techniques so they can work on fun and rewarding projects.
RSVP by going to Eventbrite. We will need an accurate head count in order to know how much pizza to order.
Improving is a complete IT services firm, offering training, consulting, recruiting, and project services. Our innovative solutions and processes have helped hundreds of clients across the globe realize their tactical and strategic business objectives. As a result, our 300 employees have accumulated extensive technology and management experience in several industries, including financial services, energy, travel, retail, government, and several others.
Our culture encourages both the inspiration and motivation to achieve amazing things. We are constantly striving to live out our values of Excellence, Dedication, and Involvement through the foundation of trust.
Meeting Location: PROS
2nd floor conference center, Room B
Houston, TX 77002
Park across the street in the parking garage on Elgin (ideally on the 3rd floor) in any spot marked PROS Reserved (but not PROS Priority Reserved), taking a parking receipt as you enter the parking garage. Parking is free after 7:00 PM, so you won't have to pay as you exit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the parking garage (if needed) and walk across the sky bridge. The HJUG meeting will be on the 2nd floor on the right just before you reach the elevator bank.
About our venue sponsor: PROSWe aren't your run-of-the-mill software company. We're true to our word. When we say your success is our number one priority, we mean it. We'll work side-by-side with you to deliver on every promise every time. At PROS, we don't just see ourselves building software. We see ourselves as building blocks in our customers' success stories.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership - We take responsibility.
- Passion - We love what we do.
- Pride - We accept only the best.
- Trust - We can be counted on.
- Integrity - We do what's right.
- Innovation - We create possibilities.
- Customer Centricity - We put our customers first.
Door Prizes and Giveaways! - must RSVP on Eventbrite to win
- JetBrains has donated one IntelliJ license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Hello2Morrow has donated a SonarGraph Personal license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Headway Software has donated a license of the new Structure101 Studio
- SemanticMerge has donated a one year license of their product to one lucky winner, and another to the speaker.
Meeting sponsored by Structure101 for Tangle free software.