Non-Functional Requirements – So What?
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
While building applications, non-functional requirements (or commonly known as “ilities”) can sometimes be forgotten about until the end of development, or worse when your application is already in production, and an issue occurs that could've been addressed earlier. Whether you are familiar with non-functional requirements or not, this presentation will concentrate on the “So What” and other considerations to think about while determining your non-functional requirements to help you build better systems.
Dan Sline is a Principal Consultant at Improving. He has over 20 years in the software industry working on financial, insurance, health care, utilities, energy, and education. Dan looks at technology from developer, technical lead, manager, or architect perspective to see how a technology can work best..
RSVP by going to Eventbrite. We will need an accurate head count in order to know how much pizza to order.
Triad provides world-class IT talent to a global customer base. Our explosive growth since 1999 has been fueled by a proven ability to match people, technology, and opportunities. With capabilities that include direct-hire staffing, managed contract services, and broad-based training solutions, Triad consistently delivers superior quality and exceptional results.
Meeting Location: PROS
2nd floor Conference Room B
Houston, TX 77002
Park across the street in the parking garage on Elgin (ideally on the 3rd floor) in any spot marked PROS Reserved (but not PROS Priority Reserved), taking a parking receipt as you enter the parking garage. Parking is free after 7:00 PM, so you won't have to pay as you exit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the parking garage (if needed) and walk across the sky bridge. The HJUG meeting will be on the 2nd floor on the right just before you reach the elevator bank.
About our venue sponsor: PROSWe aren't your run-of-the-mill software company. We're true to our word. When we say your success is our number one priority, we mean it. We'll work side-by-side with you to deliver on every promise every time. At PROS, we don't just see ourselves building software. We see ourselves as building blocks in our customers' success stories.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership - We take responsibility.
- Passion - We love what we do.
- Pride - We accept only the best.
- Trust - We can be counted on.
- Integrity - We do what's right.
- Innovation - We create possibilities.
- Customer Centricity - We put our customers first.
Door Prizes and Giveaways! - must RSVP on Eventbrite to win
- JetBrains has donated one IntelliJ license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Hello2Morrow has donated a SonarGraph Personal license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Headway Software has donated a license of the new Structure101 Studio
- SemanticMerge has donated a one year license of their product to one lucky winner, and another to the speaker.
Meeting sponsored by Structure101 for Tangle free software.